Apprentice Service Advisor
The Service Advisor role is one of the busiest and most critical roles in our Dealership. The role holder acts as the relationship manager between the customer and the workshop, ensuring our customer satisfaction levels are outstanding. The Service Advisor is the first point of contact for our service customers. They call customers in advance of their visit to the dealership to welcome them and ensure they are clear what they need to bring with them and to their visit. On arrival the Service Advisor will take the customer through all the necessary paperwork ensuring they understand all the technical terms of the work that needs to be carried out and price. They are responsible for setting customer expectations and keeping in touch with them throughout the service or repair of their vehicle. It is also their responsibility to take payment, sell additional products and follow-up with the customer the following day to ensure they are happy with the work completed.
As with all positions within the dealership, Service Advisors are expected to uphold the highest ethical standards.
The successful candidate will receive full manufacturer and Edwards support throughout the apprenticeship to ensure they are fully trained and ready for the role. Successful completion of the apprenticeship will also result in a nationally recognised qualification!
- Call customers in advance of their visit to the dealership to welcome them and ensure they are clear what they need to bring with them and to their visit
- Customer Satisfaction (CSI): To take responsibility to achieve the highest possible customer satisfaction levels in excess of the manufacturer national average by building trust, communicating well and exceeding customer expectations. To provide a quality of service that means customers would not consider using our competitors.
- To actively and professionally promote all ancillary products for the benefit of our customers.
- To actively promote and fully explain the value of additional work to customers while maintaining the bond of trust.
- Data Quality: To accurately collect, manage and input all customer contact and vehicle into the Dealership system to maximise the quality and content of the customer database and meet all GDPR requirements.
- Customer Follow-up: To maintain contact with and follow up every customer of the department to ensure they were completely satisfied, their expectations were met, any issues are addressed and their custom retained
We will support the successful applicant to ensure that they can:
- Deliver results and meet customer expectations: Focus on customer needs and satisfaction; set high standards, monitor and maintain quality and productivity; work in a systematic, methodical orderly way to achieve goals
- Follow instructions and procedures: Appropriately follow instructions from others without unnecessarily challenging authority. Follow procedures and policies, keeping to schedules and arriving punctually for work and meetings. Demonstrate commitment, complying with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
- Maintain a positive outlook at work, working productively in a pressurised environment, keeping emotions under control during difficult situations. Handle criticism well and learn from it, balancing the demands of a work life and a personal life.
- Rapidly learn new tasks and commit information to memory quickly; demonstrate an immediate understanding of newly presented information; encourage an organisational learning approach
- Easily establish good relationships with customers and staff, relating well to people at all levels. Build wide and effective network of contacts, using humour appropriately to bring warmth to relationships with others.
- Job type: Permanent
- Location: Edwards Kia and Mazda Kempsey